November 30, 2010

Barefoot and Happy



So there was a very short conversation between a few of my siblings over Thanksgiving.
It was about these cool Nike's that my sister in law and I thought were really cool. And of course in walks my brother with a pair of them on his feet. Yada yada. Cool shoes, we like them, they make you run completely different blah blah blah. And then my other sister in law throws this out there : "Dr. Oz says you should just run barefoot." And that was about the end of the conversation. For me anyway.

But later I was like "What?? Barefoot??" Normally I would call B.S., But I like Dr. Oz so I decided to look into it more. And you know what I found out? Shoes are bad for you! Well at least that is what all of these people on the internet are saying.

But if you think about it it makes sense. For instance. Here is a picture of the shoe I thought was so cool.



At first glance I'm thinking "Hello Mr. Bendy shoe. You must be oh so comfy."
And then I realized. Um. My foot doesn't bend that way. Not sure what good that's going to do. Look at your shoe. Just put it up on the counter and you can see that the toe points up. Feet don't point up. At least mine don't.

So I am not going to even bother with going into the details because for all of you who could care less. It's just going to be a waist of time. But for anyone who does think the thought of walking around barefoot everywhere sounds like fun. Just Google "Barefoot running". You will get all the information you need.

Oh and on a side note. I have been reading "Common Sense" by Thomas Pain. And I loved the very first paragraph.


a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason.

I thought of a great list of things that I feel are wrong... but are excepted by many, even those of my own faith as being right. (Which we all know that religion can factor in what one thinks is wrong and what is right). But you can make your own list. I'm not here to call people to repentance so I think I will keep mine to myself :)

Happy FEET!!



2 comments:

Caity said...

Actually my oldest brother has a pair of shoes that are just like running barefoot and he SWEARS by it. I can totally see the point. And I like that quote.

Kari Ann said...

Yeah. If I was a serious runner I would really love them. I have only ever heard good things about them.