October 26, 2010

Update Week - Butter

Okay so remember this??
Well I think that I have perfected my technique.
And it is just super fun. I love squeezing that milk right out of the butter.

And you know what I love even more.

Waffles and Pancakes!
I love breakfast. I would eat it for every single meal if I could.
The buttermilk that comes from making butter is just lovely.
I have been perfecting my waffle/pancake recipe for years.
It is a serious art.

On a side note. Did you know that applesauce can be substituted for up to half of the oil needed in a recipe???

Okay back to pancakes. And more importantly waffles.
Here it is. Take it or leave it. Oh and I know that most of the time people have two separate recipes for pancakes and waffles. But not me. KISS - KEEP IT SIMPLE SILLY!

2 eggs
2 tsps of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 Tbs Brown sugar
2 Tbs Applesauce
2 Tbs Butter
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Buttermilk : you may need a little more, or a little less depending on how you like your batter

**Remember**

1- Don't beat the heck out of the batter. Beat it just until everything is incorporated.
You over mix it and your pancakes won't be as fluffy

2- If you use regular milk (sigh. Don't use regular milk. Trust me.) don't use baking soda. Replace the baking soda with another tsp of baking powder.

3- Don't stress little bits of brown sugar. It doesn't have to be all de-solved in.

Happy breakfasting

No comments: