March 26, 2012

Book Review: Matched by Ally Condie


In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s hardly any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one… until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow — between perfection and passion

Oh boy. This book is awesome! Most of the books I read are good. I try to make sure of it because I don't have alot of time on my hands to be reading books. Even still, they take me at least a week or two to get through. This is the first book since the Hunger Games that I have had to just let the house go and read. I had it done is just a little more than a day. Here are some of my thoughts.

My Favorite character: This is a hard one. Because the way their society is set up it is nearly impossible to understand who a person is and why they act the way they do most of the characters with the exception of Cassia and Ky keep their mouths shut. Xander gives you a little peek into his character but nothing to really make him seem remarkable. Hands down it has to be her grandfather though. He sets the ball in motion for Cassia. That is all I will say because I would hate to ruin such a great book.

Language : Zero! These guys wouldn't be caught dead using explicit language.
Violence: None.
Sexuality: Just a couple very short kisses.

So the book is squeaky clean. Which is just awesome. There is a sequel called "Crossed" that I am super excited for (I'm on the waiting list for it at the library). Then, the last book "Reached" comes out this fall. So it's shaping up to be a good solid series. So I have to give it

Just for those who may have read the book already I have just a couple of thoughts. So if you have not read it, stop now and go get the book. As I got to the end of this book I thought back about everything that happened in the storyline. There was not much action at all. There are some suspenseful parts where you wonder if she is going to get caught, but I have to admit it was really slow moving. However, I was glued to it. (confusing right?) It was just amazing to see Cassia go from being completely unemotional to having feelings and thinking for herself all because of one single poem. The society is set up perfectly to suppress their members. I just kept trying to come up with ways that she could hide something or write something down. The society was just set up perfectly to suppress their citizens. I think that is what made the book for me. Trying to break through the system myself and wondering how they got to the point that they were at. Anyway. It was a great book and I can't wait to read the next one. Oh and no. I don't ever wish to know the exact day that I am going to die. No thank you!

No comments: