March 17, 2012

The Iron King (Iron Fey Series #1) by Julie Kagawa



"My name is Meghan Chase.
In less than twenty-four hours I'll be sixteen. Countless stories, songs, and poems have been written about this wonderful age, when a girl finds true love and the stars shine for her and the handsome prince carries her off into the sunset.
I don't think it will be that way for me."

This is a great book. I almost put it down after reading the first couple of chapters because Meghan (the main character) is a completely bitter teen-ager dealing with being a misfit. Not to mention she has a dirty mouth. I was glad I kept reading because this is a great series so far. The swearing tapers off quite significantly as the series goes along. There is a bit of
romance, action, and mystery so I felt like it was a pretty well rounded book.

My most favorite Character: Grimlakin. He is smart and sneaky. You never know where he is but he is always where he needs to be. You just have to read it. Its great!

Sexual Content : None
Language: Occasional us of profanity (Ug. 1 F word. The only one I have come across in the series yet)
Violence: The violence in this book is not graphic at all.
I give it:

(out of 5)

and:


Because I hate the "F" word.

(Sorry the font is all crazy. I can't figure it out and I'm sick of trying!)

2 comments:

Me said...

AWESOME POST! there are no other F* words that I came across after the first book...glad you liked it! LOVE the thumbs up and down!

Caity said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out from the library next!