May 16, 2012

Book Review : Crossed by Ally Condie

Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky--taken by the Society to his sure death--only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of a rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices every thing to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again.
Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double crosses make their path more twisted than ever.




Wow.  I don't know what to say.  I really wanted to love this book.  I didn't have a hard time getting through it by any means because I really liked "Matched" (the first book in the series).  I think the story line over all is great, but there were so many things about this book I didn't like:




1.  The back and forth between Ky and Cassia  when they get together again.  I really got confused as to wether it was Ky speaking or Cassia.   It wasn't so bad when they were split up because it is necessary to see what is going on with both people.


2.  Their love bugs me.  I just don't even care if they end up together anymore.  Cassia is selfish when it comes to finding the rising.  She should have just trusted Ky and flew off into the sunset with him.


3.  It was like crossing a desert.  Literally.  It was slow moving.  Lets go over here.  Okay now lets go to this cave.  Okay now lets go back.  I still don't know how I read it so fast.


Well sad.  I would say if you didn't like matched don't even bother.  If you like the story line push through it.  The next book could be great!


Favorite Character : Hunter.  He is a loose cannon and doesn't have much to loose.  I hope he is tied back into the next book.


Sex : 0
Language : 0
Drugs and Alcohol : 0
Violence : a small amount.
I give it a sad
 And hope that the next one is a bit better.

1 comment:

Me said...

Hahaha I Loved reading your thoughts on this!