July 17, 2012

Book Review- Shiver- Maggie Stiefvater

Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will be left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance.


This was a weird read for me.  At first it was really corny, but I just kept pushing on.  Then it got slightly interesting.  There were a few references to a cure for the wolves.  I thought that would be really interesting if they  did find a cure because I have never heard of that happening in a werewolf story.  There were mushy oooie gooie romancyness moments all over the place.  Not much action and the story moved really slowly.  


I really thought I was going to make it through this book, but then three fourths of the way through Grace and Sam had sex.  At that moment it was done for me.  I know that sex is like a real world thing and that kids do it.  It doesn't mean I have to choose to read about it.  It wasn't graphic.  It just made the book not worth reading anymore.  Not to mention every once and awhile there was deity cursing. If that is even how you describe it.  


So I give it







No comments: