January 4, 2012

Book Review: Killing Linclon



This book is split up into three parts: The end of the civil war, the last few days of Lincoln's life, and the search for those who were involved in the plot to murder him. There isn't much more to it than that so I will go ahead with my opinion.

If you ever read my blog you know I think Bill O'Reilly is a great guy. I have read "Pinheads and Patriots" along with "Culture Worrier " which are two of his other books. I love his style of writing and the personalty in his books. This one, however, was a bit disappointing because I had a pretty high expectation for the book and it's written as a thriller so it didn't reflect his usual style of writing.

There was alot of information, but unfortunately not a ton of action. The section on the civil war was great because before reading this book I didn't have much knowledge on it at all. But the events leading up to Lincoln's death could have gone at a quicker pace. That was the part of the book that took me the longest to read. There was alot of talk about the theater, Booth's crazieness, and the fact that Lincoln didn't use the secret service very often. I just kept thinking "just make it until he dies and then you can put the book down!"

I did decide to finish it and i was glad I pushed through to the end of the book. The last part was the best for me. It was interesting to see who got caught and how they were punished. Let's just say that the justice system has come along way since then!

I sugest you read this book if you really enjoy history. If you are looking for a good thriller you might want to go somewhere else.

Overall. It's average. I'm not sad I read the book. If I had to go back in time and choose wether to read it again I would for sure. After all. Those who don't learn about the past are doomed to repeat it right? So I give it a sad

(out of 5)

No comments: