January 21, 2012

Workout DVD Review - Ripped in 30 (30 Day shred)


This is completely old news for some people. For me it's new and awesome. I have been doing this DVD in addition to this one:


They are basically the same concept. 3 circuits of : 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes aerobic, and 1 minute of abdominals. So doing the math that is 18 minutes kicking your butt hard core. (With a 2 minute warm-up and 2 minute stretch.) Ripped in 30 has 4 workouts and 30 Day shred has 3. Both are equally as effective.

I am not the type of person that likes to work out for more than about 25 minutes so this is perfect. I think it is the most efficient workout DVD I have ever done. My abdominals are stronger now than they have ever been (with the exception of high school). I love the feeling of being about to bounce around, take off running, or lifting something heavy and not feeling like I am going to die!

I have to throw in a disclaimer. This DVD is totally bittersweet for me because I do not like Jillian Michaels. I don't like her potty mouth. She swears very rarely in these DVD and it is usually just a reference to your tush. I also haven't looked at the meal plan. I could care less about this. It's purely just about exercise for me.

Another thing to consider is the weights. I used cans for the first two weeks and decided to go and buy some weights. Let's just say the weights make all the difference.

The last thing that I love about it is that you can go at your own pace. You don't have to keep up with changing moves or remembering steps. Most moves have easier versions and as you get stronger you can progress up to the harder one.

All and all. Best 12 bucks I ever spent on a work out related items.

No comments: